Friday, December 24, 2010

Nirvana

Night before last, I was dreaming about Nirvana. Not the band but as in Buddhism. Why this was, I don't know. I had just woken up and the word "Nirvana" kept going through my mind and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.

For those who don't know, Nirvana is a central concept in many pagan religions such as Buddhism, Jainism and Hinduism. The English translation of Nirvana is "extinguishing." According to Wikipedia "In sramanic thought, it is the state of being free from suffering (or dukkha). In Hindu philosophy, it is the union with the Supreme being through moksha. The word literally means "blowing out" — referring, in the Hindu context, to the supreme state free of suffering and individual existence, and in the Buddhist context, to the blowing out of the fires of greed, hatred, and delusion." The meaning I stated just now is what I have come to understand from my research over time.

Again, I really don't know why I haven't been able to get my mind off of this concept. Maybe the Gods are trying to tell me something. I have been trying to figure out what that something is. Maybe whoever reads this will say that it's right in front of my face and I'm just missing it.

While we're on the topic, Lithium by Nirvana anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkcJEvMcnEg

No comments:

Post a Comment