Monday, November 1, 2010

Christian: Chick-Fil-A is a blessing!!! Athiest: Wtf?

As my good friend Gino Norman puts it, "I don't have a problem with God, it's his fan club." I have to agree with him 120%. I have personally never really had an issue with religion. I was at one point very involved in the last church I attended and was very into Christianity and what I belived. I was one of the over zelous types that most people dislike so much. Since then I have mellowed down and I am more open to other religions. I have also come to the point where I practice both Christianity and Paganism.

As I stated before, most people have some level of loathing for the over zelous types, myself inculded. I don't feel the need to flaunt my faith and talk about it on a constant basis, which is what several people I know do. It's great to see people who are devoted to their belifes, wheather you are Christian, Pagan, Muslim or Jewish. I don't really care. Just as long as you don't shove it in my face. I don't mind having civil debates and discussions about it but please don't try to convince me to convert to what you believe. If I have an interest in the religion, I will do my own personal research.

I also find it bothersome when I am trying to have a regular conversation with some of my Christian friends and I'll say something to the affect of "I love Chick-fil-a." Which will somehow trigger a comment from my Christian friend saying something to the effect of "I agree. God has truly blessed us with that company. They do so much good work." Which isn't where I was coming from at all, I love the food cause I was starving half to death. Not because God decided to just plop a fast food place that just serves chicken, salad and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment