Monday, March 19, 2012

My decision

Many of my friends And acquaintances may think I am crazy But I am considering converting to catholicism. This isn't something that is out of the blue, I have been thinking and praying about this for some time. Contacted 1 of the local catholic churches and I will be talking to 1 of the deacons of the church and will be going through RICA. I have several catholic friends in some of my family is catholic But this is not played any part in my decision Because most of them do not live anywhere close to where I live and don't interact with them all that often. So there is nobody but myself and God that has gotten me to this point. This is my decision. Going through RICA will teach me about the catholic faith but if I don't feel like this is the right direction, I can drop off at anytime.

So I ask you to support me through this process and respect my decision. I will be documenting my experience is much is possible because I have not seen any other blogs because I have not seen any other blogs about and converting to catholicism or what the experience was like. I want to provide something helpful and useful to anybody else that is considering converting to catholicism.

I am not going to sit here and say that my experience has been or will be like anybody elses experience because everyones spiritual journey is different. I just want to let me know what I experience and that there is someone out there going through the same process.

I haven't told anybody but my mother that I am considering this until now, simply because it has been such a personal decision.  Now that I am laying my decision out on the table for the public to know, I am a bit afraid as to what others might think.

My reason for wanting to convert is because I want to become closer to God and I want to grow stronger in my faith and this is the way I am being led to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment