Saturday, January 7, 2012

Operation beautiful

I remember the first time I came across a note that was associated with operation beautiful. I remember I was having a really bad day that day and was absolutely frustrated with the math class I was taking at the time and I was going through allot of personal issues as well. When I happened to stumble upon the note while washing my hands before heading to class, it really made my day and I took the note with me. I looked at the note sometimes and it always made me smile. I eventually taped the note to a bathroom mirror a couple months later. Although for about a year, I somewhat forgot about the whole project up until recently when I came across the website again in my bookmarks this past August 2011. Then one weekend I sat down and made up about 60 cards and started spreading them around at different public bathrooms. I also went through vista print and got 250 business card sized cards made up so I can put them in Christmas cards, birthday cards, restaurant bills and wherever else. So I have been participating in Operation Beautiful for about 6 months now on a regular basis.

I just want to encourage other people to participate in this project. You don't have to do anything crazy, you can even carry around a post-it note booklet and a pen and just write "You are beautiful" on a note and stick it in the bathroom on the mirror, or stick it in the bill when you are leaving the restaurant or on someone's car window or make a video on youtube about it and share it with your friends and family and encourage them to share it.

It really is an amazing project that is so simple yet so powerful and it has changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment